"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;" Ratified December 15, 1791
Master's International University of Divinity is a 501(c) (3) Not-for-Profit entity of Christian Education Enterprises, Inc. (founded in 1979), operating as a religious institution of higher learning in accordance with the State of Indiana 1975 A.G. Opinion No. 22 exclusion of IC-20-1-19-1, and IC 21-18.5-6-2.5.
Affirmations of Our Religious Freedom
We Affirm - That all of our study programs are an exercise of our First Amendment religious rights. All programs are exclusively designed to promote and propagate the Christian religion. They are not intended for secular employment or promotions. All programs are Bible-based and Christ-Centered, and all awards are clearly identified as religious in nature.
We Affirm - That all of our activities are directly related to the mandated practices of our religious calling which include the call to personal study, and the teaching of others; as made amply clear in the following representative Bible verses:
- "Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen" (Matthew 28:20
- "And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the
ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ" ( Ephesians 4:11-12 KJV).
- "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth" (II Timothy 2:15
- "And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also" (II Timothy 2:2 KJV)
We Affirm - That we neither seek nor receive funding from any agency of the U.S. federal, state or local government. Our source of income is from the voluntary payment of tuition and fees, and the charitable gifts of supportive individuals.
We Affirm - That our programs appeal to those who voluntarily seek our services, and in so doing are in turn exercising their personal religious freedom to further their knowledge, and enhance their practice of the Christian religion.
We Affirm - That the State of Indiana (our place of domicile), recognizes our Constitutionally protected religious freedom to operate as "a religious institution that offers educational instruction or an educational program of a clearly religious nature."
- Indiana IC 21-18.5-6-2.5 Accreditation required; exception for religious institution
Sec. 2.5. A person may not do business as a degree granting institution in Indiana unless:
- (1) the institution is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education or is seeking and progressing toward accreditation by an accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education; or
- (2) the institution is a religious institution that offers educational instruction or an educational program of a clearly religious nature.
We Affirm - That the religious freedom we exercise in the fulfillment of our institutional mission and purpose, as well as the willing involvement of our students and graduates, is guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and protected impartially within all of its jurisdictions.